Somerset House strives to be open and accessible to all. We are working to remove barriers for visitors with disabilities and to ensure our events and exhibitions are accessible.
If you would like to discuss your visit with one of our Visitor Experience Team please call us between Monday – Friday 10.00 – 17.00 (except bank holidays) on 0207 845 4600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
Somerset House is a 4.5-acre site and has 5 entrances from the Strand, Victoria Embankment, Waterloo Bridge and two entrances from Lancaster Place.
Parking for Blue Badge Holders
We have two parking spaces available for blue badge holders inside the Strand entrance of Somerset House.
- Please book at least one week in advance of your visit.
- To book call 020 7845 4600 Monday – Friday 10.00 – 17.00 (excluding public holidays).
- Visitors with disabilities are eligible for concessions and may bring a companion free of charge.
For general ticket enquiries and group bookings please call 020 7845 4600 or visit our website (concessionary rates are available for people on low incomes).
- Standard sized manual wheelchairs are available for visitors with mobility impairments. These can be booked in advance by calling 020 7845 4600 Monday – Friday 10.00 – 17.00 (excluding public holidays).
- On the day you may obtain one by speaking to a Receptionist, a member of the Visitor Experience Team or a Security Officer.
All areas of Somerset House area accessible via certain routes.
Please note the following entrances do not have full access:
- From the Waterloo Bridge entrance to the Edmond J. Safra Fountain Court.
There is cobble stone paving’s from the Strand into and in the Edmond J. Safra Fountain Court with a flat pavement around the edges.
Electric Mobility Scooters
Are allowed in the galleries.
Please sign in to leave a comment.