If you have any concerns or need assistance while you visit us, please contact any member of staff and they will help you or contact a Duty Manager.
For visitors with prams, buggies and wheelchairs, or requiring step-free access to Level 1 spaces (Gamelan Room; Blue Room; Violet Room; White Room) please go to the Welcome Desk at Level 2 Foyers, Green Side, Royal Festival Hall, where our Visitor Experience team is happy to assist you.
- Assistance is available for blind and visually impaired visitors, including guiding and narration. Phone or email our access team to find out more.
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
- There are accessible toilets on every level of Royal Festival Hall, Queen Elizabeth Hall and in the Hayward Gallery Foyer.
- A Changing Places toilet is located on Level 1, Royal Festival Hall, next to the JCB Glass Lift, for the exclusive use of disabled people who need personal assistance to use the toilet.
- Sound enhancement systems are available in all our venues. Contact the Welcome Desk, Level 2, Royal Festival Hall or the Ticket Office at Queen Elizabeth Hall to collect one (subject to availability).
- Strobe lighting is rarely used in performances. We will put warning signs on auditorium entry doors of any event where it is used.
- Wheelchairs are available for visitors by visiting the Artists' Entrance when you arrive (subject to availability).
- Talk to a member of staff at the auditorium entrance if you have a disability that means you can’t queue, or you need extra time to take your seat. They can arrange priority entry for you as soon as the doors open.
Visitors with medical requirements
We welcome visitors who need to bring medicines, food or soft drinks to manage a medical condition, or medical equipment.
Changing Places Toilet
A Changing Places toilet is located on Level 1, Royal Festival Hall, next to the JCB Glass Lift, for the exclusive use of disabled people who need personal assistance to use the toilet.
The key for this room is available from the Welcome Desk, Level 2, Royal Festival Hall.
The facility includes a height-adjustable bench, tracking hoist system, a centrally-placed toilet, a height-adjustable basin and a shower.
For health and safety reasons we do not provide slings. Visitors are asked to bring their own which should be compatible with the loop system. The maximum weight for the hoist and the height adjustable bench is 200kg.
The facility is open daily 10am – 11pm.