Some seats are reserved for:
D/deaf audience members
People with limited mobility
People using wheelchairs.
You cannot book these seats online. Please call or email the box office team who will do their best to help you. You can use the Next Generation Lite app when phoning the Box Office. By connecting your phone to a Relay Assistant, the app allows you to read what the other person is saying and either talk or type your response.
You can phone them on 07925 659065 (Monday - Friday 09:00 - 16:00) or enquire by email: email@example.com
The New Theatre welcomes all patrons and has an extensive range of services to ensure you have an enjoyable and comfortable visit. Do mention your requirements when you book tickets, and don't hesitate to ask the Duty Manager if there is anything you need on your arrival.
There are parking spaces for disabled patrons outside the Park Hotel and setting down space on Greyfriars Road, from where there is level access to the theatre.
For Wheelchair Users
- There's level access for wheelchair users to the Box Office, Stalls Bar, a disabled person's toilet and places side by side with a seat for a companion in Row V of the Stalls. These seats are always available at a low price.
- A couple of wheelchair positions in the front Stalls are also available for patrons able to transfer without our assistance into a stair-climbing wheelchair in the event of an emergency evacuation. The front Stalls wheelchair positions are only suitable for users of manual wheelchairs. The venue can supply manual wheelchairs for patrons attending in electric wheelchairs who have booked these positions.
- The venue also offer a wheelchair position on row M of Circle and one each in Boxes G & H. These can be accessed via our new Dedicated Lift for disabled theatregoers. Please ask Box Office for further details
- For technical reasons the venue can only sell wheelchair positions to personal callers or via 029 2087 8889.
- If you are a wheelchair user who would like to transfer to a regular Stalls seat, please contact the Front of House Department in advance by calling (029) 2087 8790 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The venue regrets that due to demand and safety reasons this may not always be possible.
- Here is a map of free parking spaces for Blue Badge holders (pdf format)
For the Hearing Impaired
- The venue have installed an infra red transmission system in the auditorium to assist theatregoers with hearing the performance or for following audio descriptions. A lightweight, discreet headset is needed for this service which is available from the Front of House Manager's office situated in the Stalls Bar area. The New Theatre asks for a deposit of £5 when lending out headsets. This is returned upon safe return of the headset with its battery. To avoid disappointment, please call ahead on 029 2087 8790 to reserve your headset.
- There are a number of performances interpreted in British Sign Language.
For the Visually Impaired
- The venue offer regular live audio descriptions of selected shows using the infra red system and discreet headsets. The New Theatre asks for a deposit of £5 when lending out headsets. This is returned upon safe return of the headset with its battery. To avoid disappointment, please call ahead on 029 2087 8790 to reserve your headset.
- There are large print programmes available on request for most shows. Guide dogs are welcome in all parts of the New Theatre and water can be provided if required.
- The season brochure is available free of charge in large print, in braille and on CD. Copies are available at the Box Office or you can contact the Marketing Dept on Cardiff 029 2087 8887. Alternatively the large print version can be downloaded HERE.
Download Access Guide
A detailed Access Guide for disabled people and their companions is available for downloading as a PDF or as a Word document (suitable for screen readers). The guide contains information on getting to the New Theatre and finding your way around when there.
If you have any suggestions for the Access Guide, please telephone
029 2087 8797 or email email@example.com
The venue now have a passenger lift in operation for disabled customers and anyone else who has difficulty with stairs. For full details, please ask at box office or see their info sheet (PDF version).
Article is closed for comments.